Recycled Polyester is used in the production of our activewear. This material has been created using an eco-friendly green fibre to assist in reducing the excess waste issues that we are facing in the world today. The Polyester fibre is made from the recycling of discarded plastic bottles that were destined for landfill and potentially our waterways/oceans.
Biodegradable Poly Garment Bags:
Every garment is shipped in biodegradable poly bags. Don't be fooled, these look like plastic, but they are far from it. These garment poly bags are made from corn starch and PBAT (a compostable ingredient which bonds the renewable ingredients together).
How do we compost them?
To compost them at home, it’s best to remove any labels, cut them up and place in your compost bin. These will completely break down within 90-120 days in a home-compostable environment - sometimes even sooner!
What happens if they end up in landfill?
The best part is that they still break down (with no waste and no methane production) in landfill. It takes about 2 years for these bags to breakdown. In contrast, traditional plastic bags take 400 years or more to break down and release deadly methane gas into the atmosphere.
Compostable Mailers & Shipping Supplies:
We use biodegradable and compostable satchels from the companies Hero Packaging and Heaps Good Packaging.
When it comes to shipping supplies, we are proud to say that all materials used are 100% sustainable. Our thank you cards, white tissue and logo stickers are also made from 100% acid-free recycled paper which ensures we are leaving a positive impact on the environment.
Examples of sustainable actions we have taken so far:
1. We order our products in minimum quantities, which limits over-consumption of garments.
2. We use natural, regenerated or recycled fabrics in all our garments.
3. We only use cotton labels instead of polyester labels.
4. We attach hang tags made from recycled cotton to our garments.
5. Our thank you cards, stickers and acid-free tissue paper is all made from recycled materials.
6. We do not pack our garments in any plastic - we use only bio-degradable products for shipping.